Show Connector Trails
The Black Hawk State Historic Site is located at 1510 46th Avenue in Rock Island, IL.
Six miles of marked hiking trails - with a rating of "moderate difficulty" - wind through the site. Trail maps and interpretive nature trail pamphlets are available at the Museum desk. Picnic areas and hiking trails on the south side of the site may be used for cross-country skiing.
There are three picnic areas with shade, tables, water and stoves and two shelter houses with fireplaces are available. Playground equipment is located nearby. Restrooms and vending machines are available in the lodge.
- Year-round Hours: Sunrise - 10PM
- When weather conditions necessitate the closing of the site roads, access is by foot only.
- All pets must be on a leash.
- All vehicles must remain on roadways and parking lots.
- No plants, flowers, shrubs or trees may be removed or damaged.
- No ground fires are permitted.
- No camping is allowed.
- No bicycles are allowed on the trails.
The Rock River Trail is a system of recreational trails on and along the Rock River that goes through 11 counties in Wisconsin and Illinois. This QC Trails featured trail is part of that network. The Rock River Trail was established in 2010 to promote recreational use and appreciation of all 320 miles of the Rock River. Visit the trail online to learn more about how to hike, bike, paddle, horseback ride, drive, fly, or appreciate history, art, or chocolate along the trail!
Visit the Black Hawk State Historic Site online for more information contact:
Black Hawk State Historic Site
1510 46th Avenue
Rock Island, IL 61201-6853
Phone: (309) 788-0177