Show Connector Trails
The trails can be accessed from Loud Thunder Road, just west of the Loud Thunder Forest Preserve. There is a parking lot available adjacent to the trailhead.
The Martin Conservation Area trails are located in an ecologically rich area of Rock Island County. According to the Rock Island County Forest Preserve, the site contains the following:
- 170 acres of native woodland
- 2 acres of direct seeded hardwood trees
- 5 acres of plants mixed shrubs
- 22 acres of tall-grass prairie restoration
- 41 acres of cool season grass legume habitat
- 4,360 feet of gravel bottom stream
- Soil erosion control practices including a grade stabilization structure, grassed waterways, and stream bank stabilization
- Diverse wildlife that includes, white-tailed deer, turkey, and migratory birds.
The trails located here offer the perfect spot for hiking, wildlife viewing and exploring the natural landscape. The trails total around 4 miles and only hiking/biking are allowed at this time.