Show Connector Trails
Leach Park is located at the base of 12th Street and the Mississippi River. There is parking on the west side of 12th Street and east along the river.
This 0.2 mile loop around the Leach Park parking lot connects the Mississippi River Trail (Bettendorf section ) to the park entrance off of 12th Street in Bettendorf, IA. The trail surface is paved and suitable for biking, walking, and running.
The 6.1-mile paved Mississippi River Trail (Bettendorf section) runs along the city of Bettendorf's riverfront and offers a variety of experiences as it traverses through entertainment, commercial and industrial districts, as well as parks and stretches of natural areas with beautiful unobstructed views of the Mississippi River. The Bettendorf section of the Mississippi River Trail is part of the larger 3,000-mile Mississippi River Trail (MRT) System that follows the Mississippi River from the headwaters in Itasca, Minnesota to its delta at the Gulf of Mexico near New Orleans, Louisiana.
Amenities at Leach Park include:
- Boat Launch
- Riverfront Recreation Trail
- Two picnic shelters with grills, one with electricity
The following rules apply to all persons using the recreation trails within Bettendorf city limits:
- Bicycle riders shall ride single file on the right. They shall pass only on the left and sound a warning upon approach and pass of other users of the trails. The speed limit for any recreation trail is 15 miles per hour.
- Walkers shall walk no more than 2 abreast.
- Dogs shall be leashed and positioned to walk on the grass.
- No person shall stop or stand on the path to visit. Baby strollers may be parked on the area adjacent to the path.
Visit the City of Bettendorf Parks and Facilities Department online for more information or contact: